Friday 18 June 2010

Billiards – A Boring Game ?

Although, I am not a complete newbie to billiards, I am surprised at the number of times that I keep learning something new. Once upon a time, I used to think that billiards was a boring game, but that was when I had stopped playing pool for sometime. No sooner I had started playing again, I realized that my earlier view was wrong.

As a matter of fact, Billiards is absolutely an amazing game which you can play with your friends in the comfort of your own home. Besides, nowadays online shopping has made purchasing billiards equipment even easier. The average price of a table can vary anywhere between $200 to $400. Of course, there are brands that are costlier and it all depends on individual choices. For a sum of less that $2000, you can not only buy a table, accessories and also remodel a room as well.

Once you start playing, first decide where you are going to shoot the ball and where you exactly want the ball to go and then going for the shot and waiting for it until it happens. Now this will take years of focused practice in addition to perseverance and determination in the long run. As a result, when you are focused and play with a clear sense of clarity, you will be surprised at how your pool game improves automatically and how you find enjoyment in your game.

So, if you belong to category of people who feel that billiards is one of those boring board games, then think again, as you are definitely making a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment